Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog Entry 4: "My Place in the Cave".

In " The Allegory of the Cave" by Plato, Socrates explains to Glaucon how it's like when someone believes in something their whole life, and is then told their believes are false. Socrates explains how these people are chained to their beliefs, and how if they were release from these chains they would be lost momentary, but will see the truth if they seek out what is really real. Socrates said if one who knew the truth/reality were to force someone else who believes in their own believes, that their beliefs were false, they would ridicule him.

In my cave, I feel I'm at the point where I'm free from my chains, I see the exit, but I fear whats out there.
I'm at the point where I feel I can go do anything I want in my life, no one can stop me anymore. But there are so many paths, I want to take 'em all, so I feel confused. Why I only have one life, how can I achieve all my goals in such a short time?

No comments:

Post a Comment